UPDATE: New article about the missing in Montgomery and Liberty County. You can read it here.
Update: Since starting this post, three more people have been added to the list. If you know of anyone missing in this area, that should be added, please let us know.
Update: I got an post from Barbara Jo Collins Green reminding me about Ali Lowitzer who was last seen on Low Ridge Road, Spring, Texas on April 26. 2010.
I received an email from Helen Harriman-Oliver, who wanted to show me some interesting facts she found on some cases in Texas. Here is what Helen said,
There is a MP that I have on my news search list that I wasn’t sure if you had listed, so I went to the blog and looked through Texas missing. She (Patricia Marie Small–see below) doesn’t seem to be on your list. But, as I was scrolling through those you did have listed, I found a comment you had made that has also has been bothering me.
Your comment: “For a little town, like Cleveland with a population under 8,000, two people missing, especially two people living only blocks from each other is unusual. Also, Larry and Rodney knew each other, which is the case in small towns. Rodney went to the store where Larry worked and they also did community service together and Rodney was last seen on Wells Road off Plum Grove Road, near where Larry lived. Is it a coincidence or a connection?”
The list that I have accumulated from that relatively small geographic area is, combined with what you have listed:
1) 05-11-2002: Patricia Marie Small, missing from Liberty, TX on May 11, 2002 Facebook page
2) 08-05-2006: Lori Boffman, b/f, 45 y/o, Girard, Liberty Township, TX
3) 01-22-2008: Rodney Stokley, a 19-year-old who went missing, in 2008 from Cleveland, Texas.
4) 02-04-2008: Cynthia Washington, b/f, 44 y/o, Dayton, Liberty County, TX
5) 01-29-2010: Larry Baker, who has been missing from his home on 400 Co. Rd. 325 Plume Grove Rd., Cleveland, Texas since January 29, 2010
6) 04-26-2010: Alexandria Joy Lowitzer, 16 at the time from Spring, Texas.
8) 12-30-2011: Edwin Clark Rogers, 62 from Tarkington, Liberty County Texas.
As an example of how sparsely populated this area is, Liberty County has a population of just over 70,000, although Houston is just to the southwest.
Helen sent an image that she put together showing how close all eight of these missing persons are, that you can see below.
What do you think? Are these cases related?