Body of missing Detroit teen found in manhole

The body  of a Detroit teen who has been missing since July 7 has been found in a manhole on Saturday.

Osean Lockett, 19, was last seen at Fenkell and Meyers and never returned home.   Lockett had just started his first day working with a Neighborhood Service Organization summer youth program and his mother, Brenda Burton dropped him off at the gas station.  When she didn’t hear from him she  texted him on July 7 and he said he was okay and with friends, but was never heard from after that, reports Clickondetroit news.

The family filed a missing person report and a few tips came in but it didn’t lead to Osean’s whereabouts.  The family walked the streets and alleys and abandoned building looking for him.  Then on Saturday, a body was discovered in a manhole by Water and Sewage Department employees who were doing regular maintenance.  The body was lying in the sewer on Chalfonte and Sorrento.  A crowd gathered and the family said the clothing looked like Osean’s clothing and the family believes it is him.

Authorities believe the body had been there for weeks and was decomposed and will use dental records to identify him reports ABC 7 news. 

Authorities don’t believe that Osean fell into the hole but was likely killed and then placed there. 

Anyone with information can anonymously submit a tip to Crime Stoppers at 1-800-SPEAK-UP, www.1800speakup.org or texting CSM and the information to 274637 (or CRIMES).  A $2500 reward is being offered, or leave an anonymous tip here.

About Missing Persons Admin 4481 Articles
Jerrie Dean, who is retired from Federal Law Enforcement, is the Founder of Missing Persons of America.

1 Comment