Breaking News

Rachael Anderson: Mother missing from Moscow since 2010

In February 2015, Charles Capone was sentenced to life in prison without parole for the killing of his estranged wife Rachael Anderson.  David Stone, who was charged with Anderson’s murder along with Capone had a plea deal with prosecutors in exchange for his testimony against Capone.  During the trial he stated he had witnessed Capone murder Anderson and then helped him dispose of her body.
Update: A Judge decided on Friday that two men will have to stand trial for murder in connection with the  with the disappearance of Rachael Anderson of Moscow, Idaho, reports the Seattle PI. The Judge said that there was enough evidence against Charles A. Capone, 52, (Rachaels estranged husband) and David C. Stone, 49 to go to jury.During the prelim the prosecution showed testimony the crime occurred in Capone’s auto mechanic shop, where Anderson was last seen.   Blood was found on documents inside the vehicle she was driving along with a glove tip with DNA from Capone and Anderson, and a cadaver dog detected a body inside Rachael’s car.

The motive:  Capone and Anderson were to kill each other’s wives.

Read more here:

I applaud the Judge for making this decision as it is rare for a case to go to trial when there is no body.

The other side will argue without a body it is nothing but speculation.

Previous story:  Rachael Anderson, 40, was last seen in Moscow, Idaho on April 16, 2010. Her daughters, Amber Griswold and Ashley Colbert reported her missing on April 19 when she did not report to work.

On April 21, her SUV was found near a bus stop in North Lewiston. Her cell phone was also found.

Just before Rachael disappeared she had been receiving text messages and phone calls in which the caller would hang up. She filed several complaints with the police, and they were working with her to find out who was stalking her.

“She was confused, scared, didn’t know who it was. She was afraid for her life, we had many conversations where we were talking about how this could end in her death,” said Amber Griswold her daughter to KREM-TV News.

“The stalking began three months ago with phone calls. At first with the phone calls, no one would respond. The phone calls progressed into music playing in the background, that was muffled, and no one would speak on the phone. Then she started getting phone calls from various telephone numbers with disguised voices. The disguised voices would tell her what she was doing, what specific lights were on in her home, as if every move she made was being watched.

 During this time my mom had the lock to her shed broken off, eerily men’s cologne was present on her front porch at night, her vehicle tires were slashed in front of her home, and the back windshield of her vehicle was broken in broad daylight at the parking lot of her employer. She had reported this information to law enforcement as she feared for her life. Multiple police reports were filed and she was working with a police detective with whom she checked in with everyday. On the day that my sister and I reported our mother missing, our mother was supposed to meet with detectives to try and find out who was stalking and harassing her. Interestingly, my mother also had documented information which she was compiling together that is now missing.”

Rachael also filed a harassment complaint against her estranged husband, whom she was divorcing.

Then on May 7, 2010, her estranged husband, Charles Capone, was arrested for being a felon in possession of a firearm.

Amber believes that Capone has something to do with the stalking prior to Rachael’s disappearance. But, police have said that he is not a suspect.

Rachael has four children, two daughters and two sons and four grandchildren.
Rachael is 5’4″ tall, 120 pounds, black hair and brown eyes.

If you have any information about her whereabouts, please call 509-758-2331.

%d bloggers like this: