Breaking News

In 1993, 9-year-old Angie Housman went missing for 9 days; found tied to a tree

UPDATE June 5, 2019 – The authorities are stating that they have a suspect in the Angie Housman case.  With the help of DNA, scientists were able to match a sample of Angie’s DNA to a profile in the database that turned out to be a 61-year-old man, according to St. Louis Post Dispatch.

What is known:

Older photo of Earl Webster Cox

Earl Webster Cox grew up in St. Louis.  Enlisted in the Air Force in 1975 and became a computer operator.  Dishonorably discharged in 1982 and convicted in a court-martial for molesting four girls whom he babysat while stationed at Rhein-Main Air Base in Germany. He was paroled in 1985 and returned to St. Louis and showed he was residing at Wismer Drive in St. Ann which is about a half mile from where Angie went missing.   He had previous child molestation convictions and arrests and connections to the area at the time. His name was on a list of sex offenders but he was never questioned.

In 2003 he was arrested and police found child pornography on his computer, and that he was an admin for an online child pornography ring.  Coxt is currently in prison in North Carolina.

Original Story:

Angie Housman, 9, went missing in November 18, 1993 after getting off the school bus in St. Ann, Missouri.  She was eight houses from her home when she got off the bus.  Just the day before she told her friends she was excited about a trip with her uncle to the country.  No one ever knew who that “uncle” was.

Sadly, her body was found nine days later tied to a tree in the Busch Wildlife Conservation area in Saint Charles County,  Her clothes and her book bag 25 feet away from her body.  She had only been dead for a few hours, and had died from exposure.

Angie had been sexual assaulted.  There were clues left for the police:  Handcuffs made in Taiwan around Angie’s wrists, gray duct tape around her head, covering her eyes and mouth. A partial fingerprint on the duct tape.  The authorities investigation told them that Angie had been alive for 9 days before she died tied up to the tree from exposure.

Even though police have DNA samples and a fingerprint from the killer, he’s never been found.

%d bloggers like this: