|Patrick and Joey|
Patrick McStay heard from the San Diego Sheriff's Department via the media, just like everyone else, that they were transferring the case over to the FBI and they believed that the McStay family left voluntarily.
I spoke with Patrick and he wanted everyone to know why he believes that the Sheriff's Dept is wrong and Joseph and his family's disappearance was caused by foul play:
1) Leaving beloved family pets alone and at risk; one a vulnerable puppy. Not modus operandi to treat family pets in such a manner
2) Out of character for Joseph McStay to abandon established, committed parental relationship with teenage son; Summer also invested in loving relationship with step-son
3) Sudden abandonment of family home renovations with indications the work is to be continued short and long term
4) Leaving house on Feb. 4 at 7:47 p.m., a normal bedtime for McStay children
5) “Oddity of falling out of contact with family and friends”
6) Unknown whereabouts for four days of a family’s life
7) Person’s attempt to download business QuickBooks Pro program on Feb. 8; not initiated by McStays
8) QuickBooks contacted for customer service and download support Feb. 8
9) Future plans made for short term events (birthday party, sister visit); receipt signature at Ross store Feb. 4 considered suspicious by family/friends
10) Withdrawals, via PayPal and email, of considerable amounts Feb. 6; transaction not initiated by the missing McStays. Transfer goes through on Feb. 9, the day the McStays discovered to be missing
11) Bank account transfer initiated 2/15 was not by missing McStays
12) E-Check payment of funds to a gmail account Feb. 18; not initiated by missing McStays
13) Funds transfer request via gmail initiated on Feb. 24; not by missing McStays
14) Request transfer of funds from McStay bank available March 9; not initiated by missing McStays
15) Gmail payment of considerable amount sent to gmail account March 11; not initiated by missing McStays
16) Considerable amount in eCheck payment on March 25; not initiated by missing McStays
17) Another considerable amount on March 25 via eCheck; not initiated by missing McStays. Over $8,000 requested on the same day in two different transactions
18) Attempts by person, not the missing McStays, to withdraw $2,000 from Union Bank OC on March 30. After declined, person attempted again on March 30, May 5, May 21.
19) Attempt to transfer, since withdrawals continue to be declined, a $1,000 transfer on June 1. Seems to indicate someone trying to figure out how to access funds from account in various ways. McStay bank account closed
20) Another two attempts on June 1 to transfer said $1,000 from an alternate McStay bank account; transfer “returned by bank: an invalid bank account number”
21) Password changed June 2
22) No established motive for McStays to voluntarily disappear
23) Threat toward Summer McStay
24) Obsession toward Summer by former relationship
25) Former obsessed person moves close to McStays prior to Feb. 4
26) 3 felons or ex-cons involved in this case
27) Det. Dugal says on January 3, 2011 "I think something bad happened"!
28) Det. Dugal states that whatever happened didn't happen in the US!
Also, I asked Patrick, wasn't there money taken before the account was frozen? Patrick said, " Jerrie, in answers to your question of the money taken before anyone knew that was a total of $7K on three withdrawals (two transfers and one echeck) on Feb 6, 15 and 18th. As to the total taken out before the accounts were frozen that total was $23,345.00 in about a month."
Claims from San Diego Sheriff’s Department the McStay adults voluntarily disappeared, taking two children with them:
1 ) Border crossing video
2 ) McStay’s search on internet for children entering Mexico
3 ) Isuzu Trooper found abandoned in parking lot near Mexico border a few hours prior to alleged border crossing
4 ) No obvious signs of foul play
5 ) "To go from a suspicious disappearance to a criminal (activity), we are not there yet”
Thank you, Patrick for allowing MPofA to reprint.
To read more about the McStay Family, just put McStay in the search box above and you will see a list of all the articles on the McStay's.
Why did the Sheriff's Dept. turn the McStay case over to the FBI?