The Roswell Police Dept. is asking for the public’s help to identify a Jane Doe that was found buried on the property of a vacant house. The police found the body while doing a search warrant on Tuesday, May 9, 2017 at the 600 block of Greenbrier Drive. Early investigation has determined that the female had been buried on the property between 6 months to 18 months ago, and may have been a victim of foul play.
On Thursday,The Roswell Police Dept. Facebook page stated, “The person of interest, Richard Martinez-Sanchez, was located at a Roswell residence Thursday afternoon (May 11). Investigators interviewed him at the police department and he was then released. He is no longer being sought for questioning.”
The police department posted on the Roswell, New Mexico website the following:
Police are asking for the public’s assistance in providing information that could help identify the victim. They have not been able to determine the age at this time.
The victim has stud piercings in each cheek of her face and has many tattoos. Information about some of the tattoos is being withheld for now, but investigators are releasing the following descriptions of certain other tattoos on the victim in hopes this will cause someone to recognize whom she might be. Among the tattoos are:
- A tiger face and blue flower on one of the victim’s hips.
- On one lower leg, a word or name that begins “Guer”. On the same lower leg, is a face or skull.
- On the other lower leg, a drawing of cartoon character SpongeBob SquarePants.
- A word or name on one of the forearms beginning with “GAR” and ending with “A.” There are one or two letters preceding the final “A” that are illegible.
- Numerous tattoos on the left arm, including “Wichey” or “Wicney”.
- A word or name on the outer right wrist that appears to read “Bugas” or “Buoas” or “Buoos” or something similar.
Anyone with potential information regarding this case is asked to call Detective Robert Scribner at the Roswell Police Department at (575) 624-6770.
Click here to see a list of all missing from the State of New Mexico according to the state government.